Here you’ll find links to webinars we have done and some of the HowTo videos we have created to help vets in practice.
If you have an idea for a talk or video you’d like to see please contact us.
Congestive Heart Failure - The Golden Rules
Available free until 30th April 2020
Do you struggle with ECGs? Don’t know your P’s from your Q’s? Atrial fibrillation or ventricular tachycardia?
We have created a brand-new webinar series just for you. This is an introductory course to ECGs for vets and nurses, starting right at the beginning.
This series covers the following topics:
- When to record an ECG
- What is an ECG? History and physics
- How to use an ECG monitor, AliveCor and dedicated ECG machines
- The mean electrical axis and waveform changes
- How to record and interpret an ECG
- Common pitfalls and artefacts
- Ambulatory (Holter) monitoring
- Specific arrythmias – sinus rhythms, supraventricular arrhythmia, ventricular arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, bradycardias – which is which and what’s what.
The ECG series is full of case examples and practical advice, delivered by the friendly cardiologists at HeartVets. The course should give you confidence to record and interpret ECGs in practice, knowing how to put the ECG information into context with each case and improving how you manage cardiac cases in practice.
There are over 7.5 hours of content, divided up into short (20-45 minute) webinars, so you can watch at your own pace. We have included two quizzes to check your progress and we will issue a CPD certificate at the end of the course to all participants.